[Icecast] Ices0 and ShoutCast (and KiSS)

Henrik Ostergaard Madsen Henrik at ostergaard.net
Wed Dec 14 20:55:06 UTC 2005

THAT was it!

Both ones work, so I think I'll stick to the last one.

Now the KiSS will connect to the IceCast2, and I have enabled the metadata
again without problem.

Thank you very much!

Henrik Østergaard

Henrik Ostergaard Madsen wrote:
> It did unfortunately not change anything.. Except that the track titles
> disappears in WinAmp (as expected).
>
> As the player was able to connect to ShoutCast, it might be worth looking at
> the differences in communication between the two cases. I include the latest
> not-working IceCast dump (no metadata) and the working Shoutcast dump.

it could be the OK header that it's not liking, the icecast headers are

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
icy-br:128
ice-audio-info: bitrate=128
icy-description:Mixed files of all kinds
icy-genre:All
icy-name:Radio Ostergaard
icy-pub:0
icy-url:http://radio.home.ostergaard.net/index.php
Server: Icecast 2.3.1

the shoutcast ones are

ICY 200 OK
icy-notice1:<BR>This stream requires <a
href="http://www.winamp.com/">Winamp</a><BR>
icy-notice2:SHOUTcast Distributed Network Audio Server/Linux v1.9.5<BR>
icy-name:Radio Ostergaard
icy-genre:All
icy-url:http://radio.home.ostergaard.net/index.php
content-type:audio/mpeg
icy-pub:0
icy-metaint:32768
icy-br:128

so it maybe the ICY header it's expecting.  You could try changing
src/format.c:275 to read

  bytes = snprintf (ptr, remaining, "ICY 200 OK\r\n"

rebuild and re-run icecast,  if it works then try changing it to

  bytes = snprintf (ptr, remaining, "HTTP/1.0 200 OK\r\nICY 200 OK\r\n"

and see if that works.

karl.
Henrik Østergaard Madsen	Phone: +45 44 48 44 92
PhD, M.Sc.    			Cell:  +45 30 94 02 88
Mosegard Park 42      		email: Henrik at Ostergaard.net
DK-3500 Værløse     		WWW homepage:
Denmark                   		http://www.Ostergaard.net/Henrik