[Icecast] XSL Template problem

ChaosMedia > WebDev webdev at chaosmedia.org
Wed Dec 14 13:25:16 UTC 2005

Hi,

i know it won't be a highly technical question and has more to do with
xml/xsl than icecast itself but i've got a problem with my icecast
status.xsl template i don't understand and maybe some of you already
made some "advanced" xsl templates and will be able to help me out..

so better than words you can see the thing in action using the following
links :

for the properly displayed template : http://www.lilleforum.com

you can click on the "radio" button on the page above or directly access
the icecast page here :

for the icecast xsl version :
http://radio.lilleforum.com:8000/alex/status.xsl

when comparing the two headers, you'll see the icecast xsl version has
some "margin" problems, at least that's how i understand it..
Both pages use the exact same css files and html code for the header part.
The xsl css link being generated thru a php script from that forum
system, i suspected it could be the source of the problem so i've also
tested the xsl template with a pure css file but the same thing occurs..

the problem is a bit different in firefox/mozilla and in MSIE, so i was
wondering if it's not a matter of how those browsers render xsl files ?
Meaning that browsers would react differently to css formating when

Then can you think of a way to make sure the xsl rendering gets similar
to an classic html rendering ?

Thanks,

Marc