[Icecast] looking for blind win32 users

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Wed Aug 24 04:05:41 UTC 2005

I'm not blind but I write commercial broadcasting win32 software that a
lot of blind users like and use, because it uses standard Windows
controls; I always make sure everything can be done using keyboard
shortcuts; and navigation is possible using tab.

Now I know Oddcast is not one of the standard Ogg tools, but I thought I
would take this opportunity to mention that it is almost unusable by
blind users.  I believe v3 is much better than v2 since it uses standard
Windows controls, but it is impossible to tab to the encoder list and
load an encoder configuration.  If a user manages to click in the
encoder list and presses enter on a highlighted encoder, the whole
window closes.  This should work the same as double-click.

These 2 issues should be a simple fix so hopefully Oddsock can have a
look at it.

Regards,
Ross.