[Icecast] ices-0.4 efficiency

bedlam bedlam404 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 21:15:00 UTC 2005

I've noticed an efficiency problem when using ices-0.4. If compiled
with all formats support, every new file played causes a little
rebuffering and sound cut on media players like winamp or xmms.
I guess this is because ices has to recognize every format before
playing. The worst case is for ogg files, it has to pass mp4/flac/mp3
tests before. I'm not sure whether my configuration can explain
everything : it's a 1.5Mghz Athlon CPU with 512Mo RAM running Linux
kernel 2.6.11.

Maybe some other people have experienced such behaviours ?

Regards