[Icecast] Unexpected Feature

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 16:47:23 UTC 2005

On 4/21/05, Leo Currie <leo.currie at strath.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi -
>
> Just noticed this feature, not sure if it affects anyone else, but I
> thought I'd post it here 'for the record'.
>
> Icecast 2.2.0.
> With multiple <listen-socket> entries, the .m3u playlists generated by
> Icecast will always quote the first entry in the list, even if they are
> requested on a different port.

Yeah, that's to be expected. I can imagine a number of situations
where it might be a problem (e.g. if you're using port-specific
aliases), so it'd be a good thing to fix. We don't really track what
socket a connection was made on, nor do we currently parse the Host
header.

Ideally,we'd parse (and trust) the Host header, and if absent, we'd
fall back to whatever the connection was made on (I don't know what
the existing clients are like with using Host correctly - many of them
have generally terrible http support, so I'd expect some to get this
wrong).

Patches appreciated! :-)

Mike