[Icecast] Ices2 compile problem on Fedora 3?

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 22:17:42 UTC 2005

On 4/18/05, Jason M. Sullivan <jsullivan at nc.rr.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to complie ices2.0.1 on a more-or-less stock Fedora 3
> installation, and I'm getting the following compiler error (during linking,
> I think).
>
> /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc -I/usr/include/libxml2 -pthread -g -O2 -o ices  input.o cfgparse.o stream.o ices.o signals.o im_playlist.o reencode.o encode.o playlist_basic.o im_stdinpcm.o stream_shared.o metadata.o playlist_script.o audio.o resample.o im_oss.o  im_alsa.o log/libicelog.la timing/libicetiming.la thread/libicethread.la avl/libiceavl.la -lasound  -lvorbisenc  -L/usr/local/lib -lshout -lvorbis -L/usr/lib -lxml2 -lz -lpthread -lm
> libtool: link: cannot find the library `/usr/lib/libogg.la'
> make[3]: *** [ices] Error 1
>
> This, in fact, doesn't exist, even though I've got libvorbis-devel and
> libogg-devel installed.  Is the makefile looking for the wrong thing, or
> am I missing a package?

As ices2 author/maintainer, I'm happy to approve any patches that look
correct, and solve real problems, but the auto* junk is not my area of
expertise, so I can't really provide any solutions (sorry). My usual
way of dealing with libtool problems is to link the application "by
hand", since libtool is solely a way of making simple things that work
into complex ones that don't.

Mike