[Icecast] Linking streaming mp3 on the web

Chuck Tellechea chuckt at tellechea.org
Fri Apr 15 03:19:27 UTC 2005

Mark,

use http://url.of-site.tld/icecast_mount_point.m3u

Just append .m3u to the mount point that you specified and the browser
will interpret the url as an mp3 playlist and play the stream.

For example: http://aeicradio.aeconcert.org/program_1.m3u as linked as
per the link at: http://www.aeconcert.org/AEICRadio.html

program_1 is a mountpoint defined in a Nicecast implementations which
is broadcasting to an Icecast2 server. I believe Nicecast (on Mac OS X)
is doing the same thing that your darkice implementation is performing
on your RH9 box.