[Icecast] Linking streaming mp3 on the web

Mark Ketcham o0sapien0o at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 15 02:58:07 UTC 2005

I have a redhat 9 box with darkice installed and a
freeBSD 5.3 box running icecast.  Both boxes are up
and running and the mp3 stream is working great.  The
only problem i'm having is figuring out a way to link
the mp3 stream on my webpage that will allow users to
easily click on a link and have their media player
open.  I can open my media player, go to the open URL
dialog and enter my URL, but this is way too
complicated for the average user.  With a standard
.mp3 link most browsers will open the "save" or "open"
dialog which is still more complicated than i'd like.
Do you have any suggestions, or am I asking in the
wrong list?

Thank you,

Mark
o0sapien0o at yahoo dot com