[Icecast] Playlist containing both MP3 and OGG

EvilOverlord eviloverlord at imux.net
Mon Sep 20 17:02:14 UTC 2004

Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> Hello,
> I have both MP3 and OGG in my hard drive, since I used to use MP3 encoding and
> now I'm trying to move to OGG vorbis. I am wondering if there's a way to
> stream a playlist containing both MP3 and OGG files. As far as I understand
> from reading the doc, Ices-0.4 and Ices2 can only stream MP3 and OGG files
> respectively. So I just installed both. But is there a trick or something
> that would enable me to play a playlist containing two different file format?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> RDB

AFAIK there isn't a source client that will do both.  If your stream
format is in OGG you could use a player to play the playlist and capture
from the DSP.  If you want the stream in MP3 you might want to try
liveice for the DSP capture.

If you mean to stream both MP3 and OGG in the same stream I don't think
icecast will do that, nor any clients play it.

Stephen
--
LiveIce Project http://liveice.sourceforge.net/