Antw: Re: [Icecast] fallback to static mp3 file?

Karl Heyes karl at
Tue Sep 7 07:48:02 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 15:39, Klaas Jan Wierenga wrote:
> Hi Geoff,
> Thanks, that sounds like a good idea. I've just tried it and of course it works. Then I discovered that when the original source is not connected icecast doesn't fall through to the fallback mount. Is this a known problem?

yes it is, for the v2.0.1 release.  The trunk code (ie for 2.1) has a
more complete fallback support.

wrt your original query, I'm not aware of any plans to add such a
feature but I suspect it can be added without too much grief, whether it
will before 2.1 is released is another matter.