[Icecast] queue-size

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Mon Oct 25 21:23:56 UTC 2004

At 04:15 PM 10/25/2004, you wrote:
>cheers...I wonder if there is a better explanation for header-timeout, the
>icecast docs state:
>The maximum time (in seconds) to wait for a request to come in once the
>client has made a connection to the server. In general this value should
>not need to be tweaked.

the header-timeout is the time icecast will wait for the HTTP request
headers from any client.  Clients in this context can be any request
(source client, fserve client, HTTP request) pretty much anything that
connects to the icecast main port.  Although possibly a bit misleading, I
think we consistently use the term "client" to mean anything that makes a
connection TO icecast.

oddsock