[Icecast] queue-size

adam adam at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 25 21:15:55 UTC 2004

cheers...I wonder if there is a better explanation for header-timeout, the
icecast docs state:
The maximum time (in seconds) to wait for a request to come in once the
client has made a connection to the server. In general this value should
not need to be tweaked.

Is there a difference between the client connecting and a request? I
thought they were the same thing?

adam

> At 03:13 PM 10/25/2004, you wrote:
> >hi,
> >
> >I am making a help file for using Icecast2 and I was wondering if anyone
> >could explain to me what queue-size is. I have read the icecast.org docs
> >on this and its not so clear.
>
> the queue-size is the size (in bytes) of the internal buffer used for each
> client.  Clients (listeners) tend to lag here and there, and when they do,
> icecast will queue up the stream data on a client's queue.  It will queue
> it up to queue-size, and if it reaches that size, it will kick the client
> for excessive lagging.
>
> make sense ?
>
> oddsock

Adam Hyde
~/.fi

r a d i o q u a l i a
http://www.radioqualia.net
Free as in 'media'

contact:
email : adam at xs4all.nl
phone : + 358 40876 1932 (finnish mobile)

#phone : + 371 938 6752 (latvian mobile)