[Icecast] Static files with Icecast2

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Mon Oct 25 17:41:13 UTC 2004

Hello,

  With Icecast1 existed the functionality to have the server feed static
content from disk. It generated a playlist file for the one file passed to
it, and off things went.

  I googled around a bit and found people saying it was possible to do
this with icecast2, but the one outside link I found was now invalid.

  Are there any pointers about how to add static content? Does it work
similiar to the older icecast1 where I can point it to an entire
directory?

  I think I can generate the m3u files with php, just as long as icecast2
can stream the files.

--
                               // Ethan O'Toole
                               // http://users.757.org/~ethan