[Icecast] Song Updates

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Thu Oct 14 15:41:18 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 14:27, oddsock wrote:

> just so you know, --enable-vorbis-updates is only a compile flag for the KH
> branch, not the mainline trunk.  And I think it would be great to have this
> code be factored out of KH and integrated into the mainline trunk...This
> also seems like an odd thing to have as a compile flag, what was the
> motivation for that ?

That switch enables the building of an alternative ogg module, one from
a while back which hasn't had that much testing.  It works well enough
to use although there were a couple of issues that appeared with the
changes mike wanted in trunk with the final singleq merge (the module
wasn't updated fully at the time but is now fixed in svn).

The default module in the kh branch deals with multiple codec streams,
it's fairly trivial and was useful for testing theora streaming.
Handling rewriting of streams for this module was an extra level of
complexity that I didn't want at the time.

I don't have the two merged together yet as it seemed like a low
priority, but if people want the stream rewriting of vorbis streams with
url metadata insertion then I could merge it across.

karl.