[Icecast] Song Updates

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Sat Oct 2 00:56:59 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-02 at 01:42, Geoff Shang wrote:
> (I'm assuming this was meant for the list)
>
> Dave St John wrote:
>
> > would a socket connection write do the trick?
>
> If I'm right about this, no it wouldn't.  What is done in the ogg vorbis
> feed is to start a new logical ogg stream, which allows the sending of new
> vorbis tags.  You can't just plonk tags anywhere in a vorbis stream, they
> have to be in the second header packet.

correct, the metadata sits in the second packet of a logical stream.  If
people really want this then they can use the older vorbis module in the
kh branch but that is only enabled via

configure --enable-vorbis-updates

I haven't checked for ages but it should still work fine and the url is
the same syntax for mp3 streams.

karl.