[Icecast] ices-2.0.0 compile problems

Zenon Panoussis oracle at provocation.net
Thu Nov 18 00:42:42 UTC 2004

Jeremy Bierbach wrote:

Hi Jeremy

> It seems likely to me that you still have libshout 1.x installed.

No, it's not that.

   # rpm -q libshout
   libshout-2.0-1.dag
   # rpm -q libshout-devel
   libshout-devel-2.0-1.dag

It's the half-hard-coded shout/shout.h path in the source. Since
libshout is installed by rpm in /usr/include, the path will never
match. Even if "/usr/include/" would be prepended to the path, it
would still result in /usr/include/shout/shout.h, which doesn't
exist.

Now, what I don't know is whether things would work out any better
if the rpm put the header files in /usr/include/shout instead of in
/usr/include. If so, then perhaps the libshout rpm should be adjusted.
I'll try modifying the rpm, see what happens, and report tomorrow.