[Icecast] ices-2.0.0 compile problems

Zenon Panoussis oracle at provocation.net
Wed Nov 17 23:43:48 UTC 2004

Hi

Running ./configure --prefix=/whatever I got stuck with

   checking shout/shout.h usability... no
   checking shout/shout.h presence... no
   checking for shout/shout.h... no
   configure: error: must have libshout installed!

Having edited configure line 20056 and changed shout/shout.h to
/usr/include/shout.h , I run into the next problem:

   checking /usr/include/shout.h usability... yes
   checking /usr/include/shout.h presence... yes
   checking for /usr/include/shout.h... yes
   checking for shout_new... yes
   configure: error: This libshout isn't threadsafe

Having fixed that too by editing configure line 20279 the same
way, configure completed successfully but make broke with

   In file included from cfgparse.h:17,
                    from input.c:31:
   stream.h:18:25: shout/shout.h: No such file or directory

Getting rather desperate I run

   #!/bin/bash
   for i in `find ./ -type f`
   do
     x=0
     if [ -x "$i" ]
     then
       x=1
     fi
     sed 's/shout\/shout.h/\/usr\/include\/shout.h/g' $i >$i.tmp
     mv -f $i.tmp $i
     if [ "$x" = 1 ]
     then
       chmod +x $i
     fi
   done

in the ices source directory. That fixed the problem altogether
and ices compiled and installed correctly.

Question: am I doing something wrong or are the configuration files
too inflexible? I did try export CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include before this
ordeal and it didn't help at all.