FW: [Icecast] Multi-Level Fallbacks

Klaas Jan Wierenga k.j.wierenga at home.nl
Mon Nov 15 20:36:18 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have used the SVN icecast-2.1-trunk version in my production system at
http://audioserver.nl for 2 months now without problems. The fallbacks work
fine as long as you make sure that the format (sampling frequency and
bitrate) of the mount and it's fallback match.

I have also patched the icecast-2.1-trunk version (patch not published yet,
needs work to extract) to enable fallback of mulitple mounts to the same
fallback with correct fallback-override. Meaning that if a two clients
connected, one to mount1 with fallback to mount3 and one connects to mount2
also with fallback to mount3, then when the mount1 comes online, only the
mount1 client would be moved back to mount1 and the same for mount2.

I haven't tested the 2.1.0 release, so I don't know how it behaves when you
configure multiple mounts to fallback to the same fallback mount. Anyone
care to comment?

If there is enough interest I am willing to spend some time to graft the
2.1-trunk patch onto the 2.1.0 release.

Cheers,
Klaas Jan