FW: [icecast] Song Metadata from 3rd party source?
Klaas Jan Wierenga
k.j.wierenga at home.nl
Mon Nov 15 20:19:02 UTC 2004
You can find a clue to the use of the "HTTP Adaptor" in the following
SpacialAudio knowledgebase article:
I've tried this and it works!
* Enable HTTP Event Adaptor in the "Config->Event Adaptors" dialog.
* Restart SimpleCast to enable the server on port 8181.
* Make sure one of you encoders has "Enable title streaming" enabled in the
"Server Details" tab.
* Start streaming.
* Start listening to your own stream (to see if the info changes).
* Use Internet Explorer to set the title/artists as follows (with Firefox it
doesn't work because for some reason it access the URL twice, clearing the
info in the second access)
* I am unsure about the format of the duration parameter, but both the album
and duration paramters are optional anyway, so if in doubt, leave them out.
You should now be able to see the information change in the player that
plays your stream.
To automate this process you may find the 'wget' or 'curl' utilities useful.
Google for Unix and Windows versions of these tools.
Van: icecast-bounces at xiph.org [mailto:icecast-bounces at xiph.org]Namens mail
Verzonden: zaterdag 13 november 2004 15:52
Aan: icecast at xiph.org
Onderwerp: [icecast] Song Metadata from 3rd party source?
I am interested to know if you ever got an answer to your question about
3rd party support for title streaming. Looks like some of us are looking for
an answer/software that doesn't seem to exist...
I use Simplecast and the creators tend not to be able to explain how to
use the built-in event adaptors that (supposedly) do this very thing. You
might want to check it out ( http://www.spacialaudio.com ), but you may be
on your own to implement the feature.
World-Wide Rock & Roll is on http://www.southrock.fm
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Icecast