FW: [icecast] Song Metadata from 3rd party source?

Klaas Jan Wierenga k.j.wierenga at home.nl
Mon Nov 15 20:19:02 UTC 2004

Hi Robert,

You can find a clue to the use of the "HTTP Adaptor" in the following
SpacialAudio knowledgebase article:
http://www.spacialaudio.com/knowledge/question.php?qstId=110

I've tried this and it works!
Steps:

* Enable HTTP Event Adaptor in the "Config->Event Adaptors" dialog.
* Restart SimpleCast to enable the server on port 8181.

* Make sure one of you encoders has "Enable title streaming" enabled in the
"Server Details" tab.
* Start streaming.
* Start listening to your own stream (to see if the info changes).
* Use Internet Explorer to set the title/artists as follows (with Firefox it
doesn't work because for some reason it access the URL twice, clearing the
info in the second access)
*
http://localhost:8181/update.html?artist=MyArtists&title=MyTitle&album=MyAlb
um&duration=2:30
* I am unsure about the format of the duration parameter, but both the album
and duration paramters are optional anyway, so if in doubt, leave them out.

You should now be able to see the information change in the player that
plays your stream.

To automate this process you may find the 'wget' or 'curl' utilities useful.
Google for Unix and Windows versions of these tools.

Cheers,
KJ