[Icecast] Getting started...where do I start?

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Sat Nov 13 15:52:52 UTC 2004

Hi:
Ok, you'll need something to send the audio of these files to the icecast
server.  Something like Winamp or Foobar2000 with Oddsock's DSP plugin
(http://www.oddsock.org) would do nicely.  You just configure the plugin
and start playing, then you can tune into the icecast server and hear it.
Easy, huh?

As for restricting access, the latest Icecast 2.1.0 has password
authentication support, so you could use this to keep the public out.

Hope this helps,
Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <geoff at hitsandpieces.net>
Phone: +61-418-96-5590
MSN: geoff at acbradio.org

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html