[Icecast] Logging songs played by Icecast server

DV dvessell at charter.net
Wed Nov 10 15:12:55 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I skimmed the last year's worth of messages and all the docs and could find
no reference to this.  I'm hoping someone here can assist.

I am a host for an Internet radio station,and we gave about 20 DJs.  Each
host determines their own playlist and uses a variety of tools to broadcast
to the Icecast server (e.g. SAM2, SimpleCast, etc.).  Since we do not have a
set playlist for the entire stream, I am trying to find a way for IceCast to
write a log of all the songs streamed through it, ideally by recording the
information in the ID3 fields.  Any suggestions?

-----
DAVID VESEL -- synthetic music for humans
http://www.purplenote.com/davidv
davidvesel at gmail.com
-----
David L. Vessell, St. Louis, MO