[icecast] alias mount points

Warren J. Beckett warren at a-generic.com
Fri May 14 12:11:52 UTC 2004

> I wasn't suggesting modifying the xml and doing a hup. The suggestion
> was using the ability to move clients from one mount to another but
> using the local relay as a static name for listeners to connect eg
>
>      source clients	   local relay		listeners
>
> --------> /DJ-1 ------------> /live   -----------> me
>
> --------> /DJ-2
>
> using the admin interface you can then move the listeners on /DJ-1 to
> /DJ-2, and assuming no listeners access the /DJ-X mounts directly then
> you should see only one listener on there (the local relay). This can be
> within the same icecast.
>
> If there is a chance the a DJ can sign off without the next DJ being
> connected then you have to decide what to do in that case, one simple
> solution is to have an always connected playlist running eg /playlist
> and move to that at if no one else is available.
>
> karl.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice - It all works wonderfully.

The different Ogg playing Java Applets still fail when I move the
clients from one mount to another, or using when using ezstream the song
in the playlist changes.. Have decided to leave the Applets aside for
the moment, and just use Winamp or XMMS..

Cheers and thanks again for you input.

Warren.