[icecast] Ices 0.3 rcmdsh error

Varian Vega varian at gmx.de
Fri May 7 03:34:36 UTC 2004

Hi there,

I am trying to get Ices 0.3 to work und FreeBSD 4.9, went through installation
without problems, but if I try to feed the icecast server I get the following
error:

Logfile opened
DEBUG: Sending following information to libshout:
DEBUG: Stream: 0
DEBUG: Host: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8000 (protocol: http)
DEBUG: Mount: /radio, Password: XXX
DEBUG: Name: XXX  URL: http://www.XXX.com
DEBUG: Genre: House     Desc: non-stop dj live house mixes
DEBUG: Bitrate: 128     Public: 0
DEBUG: Dump file: (null)
DEBUG: Initializing playlist handler...
DEBUG: Initializing builting playlist handler...
DEBUG: Randomizing playlist...
DEBUG: Builtin playlist handler serving: /XXX.mp3
DEBUG: Filename cleaned up from [/XXX.mp3] to [XXX]
DEBUG: ID3v1: Title: XXXTITLEXXX
DEBUG: ID3v1: Artist: XXXARTISTXXX
DEBUG: ID3v2: version 3.0. Tag size is 342 bytes.
DEBUG: ID3v2: Title found: XXXTITLEXXX
DEBUG: ID3v2: Artist found: XXXARTISTXXX
DEBUG: Skipped 417 bytes of garbage before MP3
DEBUG: MPEG-1 layer III, 128 kbps, 44100 Hz, j-stereo
DEBUG: Ext: 0   Mode_Ext: 2     Copyright: 0    Original: 0
DEBUG: Error Protection: 0      Emphasis: 0     Padding: 0
Playing /XXX.mp3
Error during send: Mount failed on http://XXX:8000/radio, error: Socket error
DEBUG: Updated metadata on /radio to: XXXTITLEXXX
rcmdsh: unknown user: Äü$ûPjVès§ûÿÄ FX
Error during send: Mount failed on http://XXX:8000/radio, error: Socket error
Error during send: Mount failed on http://XXX:8000/radio, error: Socket error
Error during send: Mount failed on http://XXX:8000/radio, error
Too many stream errors, giving up
Ices Exiting...
rcmdsh: unknown user: Äü$ûPjVès§ûÿÄ FX
Bus error (core dumped)

Does anybody know what this error means?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Varian Vega