[icecast] ices produces ogg-files with two logical bitstreams

Andreas Grommek agrommek at web.de
Sat Mar 27 22:45:44 UTC 2004

Hi everybody!

I encountered a strange problem with ices-2.0.0.
I use a icecast2/ices2 combo ti stream live audio and I use ices to record my stream. This worked well until last week. Since then the recording function produces somehow corrupt ogg-files.

I cannot decode them to wav with oggdec, the program tells me "Only one logical bitstream currently supported".

ogginfo prints out the following:

New logical stream (#1, serial: 3b1a16e2): type vorbis
Warning: Vorbis stream 1 does not have headers correctly framed. Terminal header page contains additional packets or has non-zero granulepos
Vorbis headers parsed for stream 1, information follows...
Version: 0
Vendor: Xiph.Org libVorbis I 20020717 (1.0)
Channels: 2
Rate: 44100

Nominal bitrate: 192.003000 kb/s
Upper bitrate not set
Lower bitrate not set
Vorbis stream 1:
        Total data length: 0 bytes
        Playback length: 0m:00s
        Average bitrate: nan kbps
Logical stream 1 ended
New logical stream (#2, serial: 0d55ec00): type vorbis
Vorbis headers parsed for stream 2, information follows...
Version: 0
Vendor: Xiph.Org libVorbis I 20020717 (1.0)
Channels: 2
Rate: 44100

Nominal bitrate: 192.003000 kb/s
( ... here comes what I would expect ...)

There seem to be two logical bitstreams. This is not an ogginfo-bug, when I decode the file liveoutputfile.ogg with OggDropXPd (Windows-Prog) I get TWO wav-Files, liveoutputfile_0.wav and liveoutputfile_1.wav, the first one only 44 bytes small.

Why is Ices producing such weird ogg-files. Does anybody has a hint for me???

Thanks
Andreas