[icecast] Q: Client connection time limits.

Jappe Reuling jappe at lowlife.org
Fri Mar 5 10:28:55 UTC 2004

On Mar 5, 2004, at 3:51 AM, Dale Ghent wrote:

> I have a working patch to the icecast 2.0.0 source which implements
> time limits in the form of a <client-time-limit> element in the server
> conf file.

WOW!! thanks, that's great that someone took the time to code this
feature.

I hope it will be introduced in the stable icecast 2

regards,

jappe

> The time limit is set in seconds, with 0 seconds meaning there is no
> time limit, and is also the default, obviously.
>
> This is a global config directive, ie it effects all clients connected
> to all mount points. Should I also add a mount-specific one? What
> should I call it?
>
> I can submit the patch to oddsock and crew if they're interested in
> using it.
>
> /dale
>
> --- >8 ----
> 'icecast-request at xiph.org'
> containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.  No subject is
> needed.

Jappe Reuling
jappe at parcproductions.com
support at parcproductions.com

Parc Productions
Waalsteeg 4-6
1011 ER Amsterdam

Tel:    +31 (0)20-4892456
Fax:    +31 (0)20-4892458
Http:    http://www.parcproductions.com
Http:    http://www.parchosting.com

The information in this document can be confidential. It is intended
only for the use of the recipient of this mail. If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify us and delete this document. Do not
disclose the contents of this document to any other person. Do not
take any copies. Violation of this notice may be unlawful.