[icecast] Stream optimization and file recording ...

Wild Karl-Heinz kh.wild at wicom.li
Fri Mar 5 08:25:18 UTC 2004

Hello,

I'm useing freebsd 5.2.1 with icecast 2.0 and darkice 0.8
with a radiocard from avermedia 206 and a cmedia soundcard.
i't works fine!

just four points.

1. the ogg with vbr and a quality of 0.6
   has a high tone in it. is there a known
   reason for?
2. filerecording works fine but how can i
   make every hour a new file without breaking
   the stream for listener?

   i thought about a signal like usr1 or anything
   else
3. is there anything in my configuration that can be
   optimized :-)
4. is there a tool for recording a stream with freebsd
   i'd like to build an archive

thanks
Karl-Heinz

ps: