[icecast] icecast2 with darkice -look ok?

Geoff Shang gshang at pacific.net.au
Fri Mar 5 03:33:33 UTC 2004

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Ramon Hernandez wrote:

> <hostname>wbuq</hostname>

Not sure what not having a fully qualified hostname will do.  Certainly,
using the built-in playlist generator won't work from anywhere where the
hostname wbuq won't resolve.

> <mount>
> 	<mount-name>/wbuq.ogg</mount-name>
>
> </mount>

The mountpoint specific sections are for options that specifically apply to
a mountpoint, rather than across the entire server.  Since I'm guessing you
want to use the password etc defined above for your stream, this mount
section doesn't need to be here, and in fact I'm not sure what icecast will
do with a section that looks like this.

Not sure why you're not reaching your stream from the outside world.  If
there's no log entries in the access or error logs, the connection isn't
making it to icecast and you should look at firewalls, routers, etc to
determine why.

Geoff.