[icecast] Adding metadata to listeners?

Talley, Brooks brooks at frnk.com
Tue Mar 2 12:14:07 PST 2004

I'm hoping that it's somehow possible to provide additional metadata
information to be associated with listeners as seen from

Ideally, I'd love to be able to pass in key pairs in the querystring and
have them appear in the resulting XML.  For instance,
http://icecast.domain.com:8000/stream?userID=1234 , and then have that
data available in the XML as an entity, like <userID>1234</userID>

The idea here is to integrate with an exisitng web application and
provide the ability to show "Who's listening".  Of course, I realize
that savvy users could tweak the system by manually building URL's, but
for my purposes that's not a problem.

Is there any way to accomplish something like this?