[icecast] bit/bytes

Chris Weaver chris_corrupt_youth at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 13:16:37 UTC 2004

This is something we [at ResonanceFM] have to
constantly deal with. I'm currently throttling our FTP
rates because it keeps knocking out our stream :-(

> > Alternatively, many stations also operate on
> bandwith donations (people
> > offering relays because they like the
> station)....I'd say most (if not
> > all) stations that have high listener capacity are
> operating using one
> > of these two mechanisms.

We were lucky in that respect, a fan happened to work
for Interroute.com and could relay our stream over a
high bandwidth network.

> we should go and try to use new broadcasting methods
> (multicast, or
> oggvorbis)...

Has anyone had any experiance at multicasting ?

Chris W

=====

Are you tuned to Resonance104.4fm? Visit the dedicated Resonance104.4fm website

Do you Yahoo!?
http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools