[Icecast] [ ICES2 ] - Converted .ogg files are not played in a row

Michael Smith msmith
Tue Jun 29 18:24:27 UTC 2004

<1088544991.9075.37.camel at bogus.hackers.club>

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 07:36, Karl Heyes wrote:
> > What does "the serial number is the same as previous" mean? How can I fix
> > it? Is it an Ices problem or a sox one? Are there other MP3 translation
> > programs that I can use that do not result in this?
>
> It's not really a problem as such, it's a check to avoid a problem some
> players can experience.  To avoid the check, ices needs to rebuild the
> ogg stream and that is not implemented in v2.0.

No, it's really a problem. Players aren't _supposed_ to deal with it.

The rest of what you said was accurate.

Anyway, this sounds like a sox bug.

Mike