[Icecast] moving listens from ogg to mp3

Warren J. Beckett warren
Fri Jun 25 13:08:24 UTC 2004

<1088189291.3980.16.camel at bogus.hackers.club>

> It's not impossible from an icecast point of view but some per-client
> info would need resetting, however certain things may be an issue like
> the mp3 metadata and of course detecting a change in the stream format
> at the client end.
>
> karl.

Hi,

It is ashame ( at least for me ) that it is not possible.  I was hoping to
offer source clients with a choice of mp3 or ogg as the push streaming
format. I reencode on the fly between the source client and the listeners
so a change in the source format the clients still would receive a
consistent ogg stream. I also do not pass on the meta data so that would
not be an issue.

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers,

Warren.