[Icecast] Help with list maintance

Michael Smith msmith
Thu Jul 22 18:13:45 UTC 2004

On Friday 23 July 2004 03:12, David M. Zendzian wrote:
> Hello,
>   Since the list was upgraded I have noticed i am getting 2 copies of each
> message.  I only today had a chance to look into this and wonder if someone
> can help me figure out what's happening & clean up my list subscription.
> For every post I am seeing identical posts from 2 different hosts: 1)
> westfish.xiph.org
> 	2) master.debian.org
>   I am guessing that there is a listserv running on both, but don't know
> how/when/why debian started mirroring the icecast list.  Any
> thoughts/comments?

westfish.xiph.org is where we're running the list. I'm only getting one copy
of each message (plus a daily spam deluge to the moderation address - argh!).

As far as I know, we don't have anything to do with any debian mirror of the
list - they shouldn't be doing that.

Perhaps you could ask the debian listmaster(s)?

Mike