[Icecast] Limiting stream bandwidth

london_1@charter.net london_1
Thu Jul 22 03:52:01 UTC 2004

I am trying to limit the bandwidth per stream so that I can stream 2 mp3 connections from my box.  I have 256 upload speed.  I am using icecast 0.3 and ices 2.  I made the changed listed below, restarted everything but it still seems to be streaming at max bandwith.  Is there anything, besides moving to ogg vorbis -- it will happen when I have time to write the script to convert the 1000s of files in my playlist - but with a pregnant wife and four kids - time is not something I have a lot of :) -- that I can do?

I made the following changes:

ices-playlist.xml:
<encode>
<nominal-bitrate>98304</nominal-bitrate>
<maximum-bitrate>131072</maximum-bitrate>
<managed>1</managed>
<samplerate>44100</samplerate>
<channels>2</channels>
</encode>