[Icecast] Icecast + Ogg streaming protocols

HidayahOnline.org Admin admin
Sun Jul 18 12:36:46 UTC 2004

Hey all,

I have a long-term goal of writing a PHP-based streaming serving using
PHP's socket functionality, which would help me to implement all the
necessary communications with the various clients and so on with a great
amount of integration into my website.

What I wanted to know is WHERE I can get a description of the Icecast2
protocols and/or how I can find the information on the way various
clients (Winamp, in particular) communicates with the server, so that I
can do my own implementation via PHP or any other programming language,
for that matter.

I really appreciate any help in this regard!  :)