[Icecast] Problem with logger

kranga kranga
Tue Jul 13 12:25:37 UTC 2004

Here is the path, logging and security configuration in my icecast.xml file
(below). I get the following error:

Changed root successfully to "/opt/icecast/"
Changed groupid to 504.
Changed userid to 504.
FATAL: could not open error logging
FATAL: could not open access logging
FATAL: could not start logging.

icecast.xml: --------------

<paths>
<!-- basedir is only used if chroot is enabled -->
<basedir>/opt/icecast</basedir>

<!-- Note that if <chroot> is turned on below, these paths must both
be relative to the new root, not the original root -->
<logdir>./log</logdir>
<webroot>./web</webroot>
<adminroot>./admin</adminroot>
<pidfile>./icecast.pid</pidfile>

<!-- Aliases: treat requests for 'source' path as being for 'dest' path
May be made specific to a port or bound address using the "port"
and "bind-address" attributes.
-->
<!--
<alias source="/foo" dest="/bar"/>
-->
</paths>

<logging>
<accesslog>access.log</accesslog>
<errorlog>error.log</errorlog>
<loglevel>4</loglevel> <!-- 4 Debug, 3 Info, 2 Warn, 1 Error -->
</logging>

<security>
<chroot>1</chroot>
<changeowner>