[Icecast] Newbie support

Steve Congrave steve
Mon Jul 5 04:20:22 UTC 2004

I have just setup icecast on my RedHat 9 server and it's working fine except
that every 2 minutes or so I get an error in icecast error log giving about
20 lines of :

DBUG format/format_generic_write_buf_to_client Client had recoverable error
-1

And then

DBUG source/source_main Client has fallen too far behind, removing

It then restarts streaming to the client

The result is that the music keeps stopping when played in Winamp and then
restarts on the next track.

I am assuming that it is a buffering issue - but which file do I change and
what is the recommended value?

Thanks

Steve