[Icecast] Replicate stream on webserver

Geoff Shang gshang
Fri Jul 2 21:14:28 UTC 2004

Hi:

Your problem is that you're going to want only one listening process but
many serving processes, otherwise it's not going to achieve anything.  So
to explain further, when someone connects to your hosting provider, you'll
want them to connect to the stream which is already being pulled from your
box, not start another instance which connects to your box.  Basically what
you want is a server, like icecast.  You might be able to hack something
together, but to my mind, you'd only be re-inventing icecast or something
like it, so why bother?  I realise you'll need to get your hosting company
to install icecast, but there's really no other way to get around it that I
can think of.

Geoff.