[icecast] status of speex over icecast ?

Joern Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Tue Jan 27 23:37:02 UTC 2004

hello everyone!

is it possible to stream speex via icecast ?

i'm looking into it for the broadcasting of the upcoming linux audio
developers' conference (http://www.zkm.de/lad) as an addition to the ogg
vorbis streams we will provide.
a quick search in the speex mailing list archive yields nothing.

if somebody here has such a project on the back burner and is looking
for the ultimate field test opportunity, please holler now. we will be
compiling icecast servers from cvs if necessary, and since the audience
is mostly techies, i'm sure they will be willing to download even the
most obscure client software :)

best regards,

jörn

--
"I never use EQ, never, never, never. I previously used to use mic
positioning but I've even given up on that too."

Kurfürstenstr 49, 45138 Essen, Germany
http://spunk.dnsalias.org (my server)
http://www.linuxaudiodev.org (Linux Audio Developers)