[icecast] suggestion: add mp3 support to ices2

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Tue Jan 20 19:24:25 UTC 2004

At 12:57 PM 1/20/2004, you wrote:

>don't forget about streamTranscoder . it works well ., i actually have all
>ogg archives , and when one is played , i have scripts to auto-transcode
>an mp3 compatible stream for those who are not in the know .
>
>(http://theDV8network.com for examples )
>and http://transcoder.sourceforge.net for a link to the transcoder site (
>i think )
>
>a.
for the record, http://www.oddsock.org/tools/streamTranscoder is the
correct URL, and it's funny that you mention this since I just finished
distributing version 1.2.0 of this utility.  I've converted it all to a
single command line utility (no more messy wxWindows stuff) and have a
binary for win32 as well as a source distribution for unix
users..  Feedback on the usefullness and stability of this utility is
definately welcome... :)

oddsock