[icecast] IceCast binary strange error on startup

Nils Stünkel qala at qala.de
Tue Feb 24 12:13:44 UTC 2004

Hi folks!

I'm trying to run icecast2.0.0-1 on my router machine. Since this is a
Pentium 75 with minimal configuration, I'd like not to compile it, but
downloaded the binary distribution. After installing and configuring (not
my first, others were on Win32) everything looks fine, but ... well look
for yourself:

<----------------------->
nserv:~ # icecast
icecast: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.4: cannot open
nserv:~ # rpm -q openssl
openssl-0.9.7b-74
nserv:~ # rpm -q openssl-devel
openssl-devel-0.9.7b-74
nserv:~ #
<----------------------->

I have openssl0.9.7b WITH sources installed.

Maybe there's a problem in locating the Files? I'm just getting used to
Linux ;-))

Speed: 75 MHz
Mem: 64MB
OS: SuSE 9.0

nserv:~ # uname -a
Linux nserv 2.4.21-192-default #1 Wed Feb 18 19:26:28 UTC 2004 i586 i586
i386 GNU/Linux

Regards,
Nils Stünkel

--