[icecast] icecast 2.0.0 chroot problem

Jan-Kees Fels jankees at familyfels.com
Fri Feb 20 12:07:42 UTC 2004

Hello,

I seem to have a problem getting icecast 2.0.0 to start. I get the
following message:

[root at fels icecast]# /usr/local/bin/icecast -c
/usr/local/bin/icecast.xml
WARNING: You should not run icecast2 as root
Use the changeowner directive in the config file

I have not tampered with the default "security" section of the xml.

   <security>
        <chroot>0</chroot>
        <!--
        <changeowner>
            <user>nobody</user>
            <group>nogroup</group>
        </changeowner>
        -->
    </security>
</icecast>

I am not really familiary with the chroot command.
I am running redhat 3.0 AS.

Please help!

Jan-Kees Fels