[icecast] Line input to client for Icecast Server

Todd Merriman todd at toolz.com
Fri Feb 13 23:27:04 UTC 2004

My needs are simple.  I need a Windows client to accept the line input
on my sound board and stream it to an Icecast server.  I plan to
encode the stream at 56kbps stereo.

I tried this about 2 years ago using Winamp with the Oddsock plugin.
This turned out to be a very time-wasting excersize in futility.
I gave up, but now I'm back hoping the technology (and documentation) is there.

My server is already running 4 streams, two 56kbps and two 24kbps.
They are using playlists from encoded mp3 files on the server.

Thanks,
Todd Merriman
www.RainbowRadio.com