[icecast] Q: Is it possible?

Enrico Minack enrico.minack at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Feb 11 19:00:25 UTC 2004

Hi Raúl,

interesting project ;-) So this is what I would recommend. For a number of
remote speakers (1 or more) it would make sence to mix them together in the
studio the local speaker is located. All remote speakers could mount as a
source at the broadcast server (shouldn't be a problem to have a bigger
distance between them). Other way would be to have a icecast server at each
remote speaker's location.
However, a PC could play these streams from the broadcast server on a number
of soundcards and the output of them is put into an analog mixer where the
local speaker can control the volume and can listen into the stream without
broadcasting. The main audio output from this mixer goes into the broadcast
server which creates the final stream.

This is how we make live broadcast from remote venues.

I hope I could help some,
Enrico M.