[icecast] MB soundcards and PCI soundcards

Kerry Cox kerry.cox at ksl.com
Mon Feb 9 22:04:46 UTC 2004

Here's a problem that I have uncovered on two entriely separate machines
using the latest icecast2 and ices2 software. Even when the onboard
soundcard is disabled, the PCI soundcard (which has been both a Creative
Live! and an Ensoniq soundcard) is unable to accept input or stdin
audio.
If I enable the onboard soundcard everything works well and I can stream
audio using icecast and ices. But using the PCI soundcard with the
onboard card disabled, no input is detected.
I have tested this so far on only RH9 with the latest updates.
Has anyone else come across this, and if so, how did they fix this? Not
a big issue, but I would like to use the nicer soundcards rather than
the built-in cards.
Thanks.
KJ