[icecast] Re-reading config file not working?

Rhygin rhygin at ragga-jungle.com
Thu Feb 5 18:02:22 UTC 2004

> This is just a wild guess ... but do you chroot() icecast?
>
> If yes, and your configuration is "somewhere else", it works at first
> because icecast chroots after reading its config. Once it is running, it
> might not find the .xml file anymore due to the chroot.
>
> If the problem goes away when you turn of <chroot>, that's probably the
> cause.

Ahhh... how silly of me...

Didn't even think of the whole chroot() thing. Perhaps as a feature in
the future after icecast does the chroot() it can remove the chroot path
from the config file path stored in memory thus avoiding this problem.
But I guess for now I'll just have to make some symlinks in my
/usr/local/icecast directory.

-Rhygin

--
Rhygin <rhygin at ragga-jungle>