[Icecast] Help! I have a question about configuration of icecast and oddcast

All al coffeehouseprivate at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 29 07:46:33 UTC 2004

Hey,

I want to broadcast my music with the p2p program, but I in the processing
to configuring my utilities such oddcast. I am behind a router and when I
try to connect
Oddcast I keep getting the message “unable to connect to socket”. What the
heck does that mean? I think it has to do something with UDP and TCP, but I
don’t know which one to choose when I’m port forwarding it from my router.
Also should I use “localhost” or the router IP address in the icecast.xml
file, which would then be directed to my laptop. Please help, I want to
share my music so badly, and will try anything!!!!!

Please give me instructions on it, from the “what to do if you are behind
the router point of view”.

Sincerely,

Silviu Teseleanu

P.S. my website is www.freewebs.com/tranc3energy