[Icecast] fallback override failing for 128 mbps mp3 stream

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Wed Dec 22 23:37:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 23:15, Joel Ebel wrote:

> When the source disappears, the fallback stream begins playing just
> fine.  When the original stream returns, winamp stops playing audio, but
> the time keeps going up.  The kbps keeps going up too until I stop it.
> stopping and restarting connects to the original source stream just fine.
>
> So what's the matter with the 128 mp3 stream?  Why is it behaving
> differently than all the other streams I have?

There's nothing specific to bitrates with regard to fallback and
override, so the fact that it's 128 is not directly related.

Does the fallback stream have the same audio format and settings eg same
samplerate, channels, and of course mp3.

Does this problem always occur, or is it intermittent ?

karl.