[Icecast] Prevent client disconnecting fallen-too-far-behind

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Wed Dec 15 06:53:15 UTC 2004

Hi:

Sorry, can't remember if you solved this or not.

Henk van de Ridder wrote:

> Does anybody know how I can configure icecast so it doesn't disconnect a
> client which "has fallen too far behind".
>
> We are using icecast2.01 streaming software for our church home-listening
> system.
> Our client we use a netgem-netbox.
> We are streaming 25kbps MP3 on V90-56kbps modem connection

A likely problem here is that 56K modems can only *upload* at 33.6.  For
such a connection, a 25kbps stream may be a bit marginal.   Of course, if
you're using a bigger pipe to send to icecast then ignore this.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <geoff at hitsandpieces.net>
Phone: +61-418-96-5590
MSN: geoff at acbradio.org

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html