[Icecast] Refresh Ices 0.4.?

Dirk H corsa at gmx.de
Tue Dec 7 21:35:52 UTC 2004

Geoff Shang wrote:

>>> Actually, it should detect changed playlists
>>> automatically.

>It does, but when I tried doing this, it recognised the changed playlist
>but picked up at the same place it had been in the old one, rather than
>going from the top.  So, in my case, after it had played item 5 in the old
>playlist, it began with item 6 of the new one.  Not quite what I'd wanted,
>but it was good enough at the time.  Oh and this was Ices 0.3 then.

I use Ices 0.4 with randomized playlist. It does not reload the playlist,
when it is changed. It also does not react on SIGHUP.
Is there any way to tell ices to reload on changed playlist?

In near future I'll hope to use python or perl-module instead of the
internal playlist module. Does someone know a good page with examples?

Dirk

Up-radio.net