[Icecast] Relaying question

Alec VanderWoude oalec at cruzio.com
Tue Dec 7 19:53:12 UTC 2004

Hello,

I'm fairly new to icecast2, so forgive me if there is an obvious answer
to this question.
I am using a master server and a relay server. What I would like to to
do is have the master
server send a live stream encoded as 128 bit mp3 to the relay server,
and then have the relay
server broadcast that stream as well as a 64 nit mp3 stream. Is this
possible? Can Ices, Darkice,
or something else take in a live stream from a master server and then
do the resampling or is
my only option having the master serever do the two different bitrate
streams and have the relay
server broadcast those two different mount? Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

Alec